Saturday, October 2, 2010

Breakthrough.

Today at church was something I desperately needed to here.

I arrived at church aloof,
Knowing full well the routine,
I sang the songs, stretched the vocal chords,
Clap along whenever I felt tired or was compelled to put on a display of participation.

Ps Sally's message today was about breakthrough and those who have been left been hungry and waiting for their breakthrough which failed to arrive immediately after the 21 days of prayer and fasting.

My ears immediately perked up, my heart and my mind alert, surprised that my soul was to be fed today.
Timely in fact as I spoke to Nicky who out of the blue messaged me on gtalk yesterday as I confided in him my deepest darkest times.

She spoke from 2 Chronicles 20 today, which was an observation of King Jehosophat's hardships.
Although he was in his promised position, it was not without troubles.

She also emphasised how our doubts/guilt/remorse/shame whether self inflicted or a spiritual attack must be condemned.
She told of her experience of how she had to be counselled by a fellow Christian after succumbing to the negative power of the tongue of a fellow believer.
Which led on to her next point of the power of the tongue.

She also brought across the point of spiritual warfare, how the evil one does not play by the rules of the game, and only has an aim to defeat and to bring a person down, regardless of how long/how hard it takes.

She later follows with an illustration of the sword.
How the many types of swords serves different purposes.
There is that one sword, requiring the hold of two hands, is not used in battle but is used for strength training.
And then there is the other, a 12 inch sword which is used for hand-to-hand fights, a lethal weapon, a double edged Sword.
She used this illustration of the sword to refer to the scripture of 'Armor of God' and the related sword in the following passage.
It was a timely reminder for me to turn to the word of God, and to immerse myself in it to prepare me for times like this. That my faith shall not falter but shall be upheld by the promises of God, and I will not have to resort to the concordance to find my Red Bull.

Ps Sally also raised a point on 'promises'. Having the faith to pick it up again.

Later during ministry time, as I hessitated to walk to the front of the altar to receive prayer (which I so desperately need by the way) as they formed a chain of faith, though I was not surrounded, it was nevertheless a reminder, which I shall make it my own.

I shall not admit defeat, I shall not live life aimless and wandering in the dessert, for who is my Helper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home