the day we bade farewell.
today's the day I mourn my uncle's loss.
I tear, I cry for those around me.
For my grandma, who lost a son.
For his family, who's lost a father, a husband.
For my dad,my uncle's and aunt who lost a dear brother.
I'm sorry I never got to know him better.
I do not pride in not shedding many tears,
in fact, its a feeling of regret, a feeling which I want to wish away.
Every experience, one such like this, is something I pray that I'll have something to take away from.
Today, I know and am comforted by our Heavenly Father's words, which have never seem any more real than this.
Yesterday, I am reminded, not to take any of my family members for granted.
Those words, from a child of 14, so young, so naive, so pure,
'I'm happy you have a papa.'
Lord, I pray for grace upon this family, that your love will fill that emptiness in their hearts.
Though nothing will ever take that place in their hearts, the ones filled with memories of Ching pak, Lord, heal their hearts, and Lord, let them know that he's indeed in a better place.
Lord, I pray for strength for all.
I will remember that toothless grin,those times where you'll be one of the lasts at the dining table accompanying my kuche having your new year's eve dinner, the numerous stories/memories that has been shared with me, the times where you'll have lunch with her, where you'll walk with her around carrefour, where you'll take her shopping, where you promised her a phone if you were able, where you'll take her around jusco trying all that is there.
You will be sorely missed.
But I know that you are in safe hands, and God will keep your family here.
Rest in peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home