l.o.v.e.
I woke up with this warm fuzzy feeling inside of me.
I had a dream, one which 'blew my mind' away when I came to my senses.
A dream which drove me to church today.
And no, it wasn't a vision of rapture or anything of that sort.
As obsessive, stalker in the making as this sounds, I did have a dream of * last night.
As far as I can recall, it was a dream where I made the first move,where I took the initiative to write that letter, and in return, he responded. The last I can make out of it, we ended up 'chilling' in his car.
And let's just say, for all the very wrong reasons, it got me up and wanting to go to church today.
~~~
And I thank God, (I do hope its some sort of motivation from God to go to church today), for it.
I am so glad I did not give today's service a miss today. I am so glad that I went although I did whine a lot about my dad coming home late from wherever he was, and I was very tempted not to go.
Really, Thank God I went.
~~~
It was a very simple message, from a very simple man.
No airs about him, no from of pretenciousness, he kept it very real.
He spoke about the greatest commandment of all. Matthew 22:37-40
' Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind....'Love your neighbour as yourself.'
He linked it to the Great Commission, Matthew 28:19-20
'Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.....'
I don't mean to sound preachy, and I do hope you don't get the feeling that I'm imposing my views on anyone out here in cyberspace,
But one thing I've discovered or was reminded of today that why I'm a Christian and do not belong to some other religion, is because of the relationship that we can have with Him. God is not some mystical being whom we only worship from afar, who only expects us to follow His teaching blindly, He gave us that freedom to come to Him, to talk to Him, to have a personal relationship with Him, and that is why, I am a Christian.
Out with the formalities and going to church/praying for the sake of doing it, and in with that friendship, kinship that we can have with the King of Kings.
~~~
Another point to ponder,
I've been very tempted the past few weeks that I've been back, to fall into the 'worldly traps'.
One where people drink to forget their worries, one where people sleep around to find that 'satisfaction'.
and by God's saving grace and family upbringing, I did not.
I've had a few tough weeks here. My share of ups and downs. The worse I guess was wanting that someone to like me back.
I wish I could say right now, that I've been so foolish to succumb so easily.
~~~
What put everything back in perspective again, was today's message.
Do I want people to be saying ' Do I want to be spending eternity with her?'
If I did fall into these traps, what would make people choose Christianity over the other religions?
It makes me no different from the rest.
And no, I'm not trying to be 'holier' than thou, I just want to be different, for the world to know that you can cast your cares/worries to God.
~~~
Being a Christian is certainly not a breeze, but its a journey.
A journey of understanding that love. Agape love.
Labels: was jaded.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home