just be yourself.
But the first thing that will hinder this joy is the subtle irritability caused by giving too much thought to our circumstances. Jesus said, ". . . the cares of this world, . . . choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful" ( Mark 4:19 ).
my utmost for His Highest, august 31, 2008
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s" (Exodus 20:17).
"You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s" (Deuteronomy 5:21).
"You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s" (Deuteronomy 5:21).
How the pursuit of happiness can lead to sin.
~~~
God does work in mysterious ways.
I misplaced Daily Bread, so I had to turn to my utmost for His Highest.
I thought to myself, 'no way, am I going to learn anything tonight'. no offense, but that's what I thought originally.
but God obviously had other plans.
I've been struggling a lot this year lately.
Constantly wanting to outdo my friends, or at least seemingly chasing what their 'hearts' were set after.
ie, internships with investment banks. bla.
and wanting to beat myself up after if and when they got a positive reply, instead of being happy for them.
but honestly, it wasn't what I wanted to do.
and talking to bs the other day, and last night's message.
it came together.
i need to stop comparing myself to others.
instead of trying to outdo my friends all the time,
i should always be attempting to outperform my personal best.
God's grace truly.
Labels: soul searching.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home